At 48 kg it is easily 9 to even 20kg lighter than similar tents. A collapsed size of 1540 x 1100 x 300 mm, it is also up to 20% more compact than most of its peer products.
A new approach to tent design : The Horizon Vision displays a level of innovation and forward thinking that I have come to associate with the brand.
Ease of use: The first soft-sided tent to include hydraulic struts to assist with opening and closing. From start to finish, I have routinely had the tent sleep-ready in under four minutes. I can get the tent fully stowed in as little as six or seven minutes with no rushing or effort involved.
The most unique feature is the aluminized synthetic fabric. Proprietary to James Baroud root top tents, that heavy-duty fabric is fully waterproof, resists UV damage, and reflects harsh light providing for a cooler tent interior.
Two full-size mesh doors and four large zippered mesh windows create a pleasant panoramic view and gives air pass-through on warmer nights.
An all-aluminum structure with no use of wood or other materials that could age, weather, or degrade
Wind tested to speeds up to 90 kmh.
The use of additional support legs gives the tent solid footing and allows the user to select a preferred angle for the ladder.
The luxurious inside with a sleeping platform that measures 1540mm wide and almost 2100 mm long, 1200 mm peak height.
Two adults have more than enough room
A small area of floor space uncovered by the foot of the mattress that I find convenient for storing certain items like shoes
The outer shell is cut to perfection with no sagging or bunching.
Perfectly suited for smaller SUVs and wagons.
Can be bolt on the car in any side (East-West or South-North) so you can chose your opening side (either side or rear)
So compact that you can even put 2 Vision on one car.
Of course, being a James Baroud product you also get the comfort of a world class European build quality all backed by a 3 year guarantee.
PRICING AND ACCESSORIES
THE NUTS AND BOLTS
- Wind resistance of the tent when opened: 120km/hr
- Gas strut easy opening and closing mechanism
- Aluminium structure
- Built-in aluminium rails to attach the hull onto the roof racks
- Mounting brackets for attaching to roof bars
- Fabric secured to hulls by cable fitted into recessed groove
- Additional Aluminium support legs
- 1 x aluminium ladder, with sliding action to follow vehicle movement
- High quality double stitched, aluminised polyester fabric. (6 x ISO ratings)
- Tear resistant mosquito mesh
- 6 x fabric coatings; reflects the sun rays, anti UV, non perishable, 100% waterproof and breathable
- High density foam mattress with zipped cover (3 x ISO ratings)
- 2 x doors with mosquito mesh, double sided zipper and Velcro fastening
- Enclosed walls around access (3 sides)
- Thermal kit – see usage notes
- 3 years guarantee on fabric
- Traceability with the serial number